Art is the Handmaid of Human Good

Life in Lowell, Massachusetts, USA

Early to rise*

1 Comment

The following image is brought to you by hope, from what I hear it springs eternal.
Day 183 - Friday, April 20th 2007

This picture is brought to you by Old Man Winter – he’s hanging on like a trouper.
Day 88 - Friday, March 28th 2008
I have to admit I was kind of annoyed when I looked out the window and realized that I’d have to walk to work in icky weather but once I got outside and started walking the snow-lover in me was quite pleased and I enjoyed my walk quite a bit. I actually prefer yesterday’s snow to today’s sunny-with-a-high-of-32.

Enough about the weather, on to the title of this post. This week has been a bit of an adjustment. We’re giving Sebb his shots at 7:00am and 7:00pm which means that we’ve been waking up at 6:30am this week. I am naturally an early riser but the fact that I have a flexible schedule and the culture at work is to come in late and leave late, plus winter’s darkness and Gist’s 10:00am – 7:00pm work schedule (she’s been giving me rides to work), I’ve been sleeping later and staying up later – it’s gotten to the point where I was regularly getting up at 8:30am, getting ready and arriving at work by 9:30am.

This week I’ve been a bit of a crab but it’s gotten easier each day, and today I’m finally feeling good about the new schedule. I really feel like I have a lot more time and I love it. Honestly, it’s the same amount of time because when I was sleeping later I was also staying up later but evenings in our house tend to be pretty lame – lots of being wiped out from work and teevee. In the morning I feel fresh and relaxed. This morning, by 9:30am, I was able to have a conversation with Gist, do the dishes and scrub the counters, do my fitness video game (Maya’s a task master), check some blogs and Flickr, upload some pictures, knit a bit, and start this post. Phew! And I still feel like I have the whole day ahead of me – it’s nice.

Sebb also seems to be adjusting to his new schedule. The shots don’t bother him at all and we’ve started to get into a routine for giving them. He is also loving the wet food and his appetite has increased. He’s not drinking or peeing as much which means the insulin is working (it also makes dealing with his litter a lot easier) but he still has diarrhea. We are going back to the vet on Monday so she can re-test his sugar to make sure everything’s on track.

*That Ben Franklin was on to something!


Author: Marianne

Hi my name is Marianne Gries, welcome to Art is the Handmaid of Human Good. I use this space to write about and share pictures of things that interest me. That includes my life in Lowell, my adventures in car-lite living, the food I cook and eat, my dogs, home improvement projects, vacations, knitting, and interesting things and places I see and visit. Thanks for stopping by!

One thought on “Early to rise*

  1. I feel the same way. Jason is a night person, and I’ll usually stay up late with him (or at least try to), and then I hit snooze in the morning. But if I go to bed early and get up early, I have time to workout, eat breakfast, catch up on my blogs, and get some grading done before trudging to class. Can’t beat it.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s